Aug 24, 2011

Let's Try Something Different


Untitled

Everything decays
Everything crumbles
Everything breaks down

As it always has (around you)
The difference is
I can't feel it anymore (around you)

This pillar I'm standing on keeps rising up
growing, soaring, leaving
Farther away from the turmoil of your earth
soggy & dark & dank & dead

The pillar rises on - made of stone
I am made of stone
Hard marble, smooth granite
Protecting and coating, fixing and mending
Isolating me

A splendid isolation

I don't want to come back down, this facade might snap, might crack
And the last thing I want is to let any bit of you in

So I'll stay up here
while you die at sea level
crumbling, decaying, breaking
Bringing it all down with you
because it's all you have

But not me
Not anymore
I'm too far gone, too high up
Up in the air.

To your diseased fingers, I am
untouchable.

No comments: