Jan 28, 2009

SAG Award Winners


Sorry that this is going up a bit late, guys. Please bear with me, but I just thought that its better late than never (right?) to announce the winners of the Screen Actors Guild Awards.

Best Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture
The Cast of  Slumdog Millionaire

Awesome. From what I hear from...well....EVERYBODY is that I MUST see this movie, or I won't be considered a fully operational human being. A film about a love story set in India winning? Also, very very cool.

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role
Sean Penn for his performance as Harvey Milk in Milk
Nice to see Penn win this, he's an extremely versatile actor. I mean come on, the dude started out as Spicoli the stoner, for christ sakes. Way to win, buddy. I love you. 

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role
Meryl Streep for her performance as Sister Aloysius Beauvier in Doubt

Yay. Really what else can I say? Way to go, Streep, but personally I wanted Hathaway to win here. Jeesh.

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role
Heath Ledger for his performance as The Joker in The Dark Knight

Awesome awesome awesome awesome. Really, I'm quite happy with this. While some might say that all of this means nothing because of Ledgers tragic passing, I disagree. It shows that the kind of performances and movies that can get recognized at these types of awards don't have to be the usual cookie cutter variety (aka indie, dramatic, etc

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role
Kate Winslet for her performance as Hannah Schmitz in The Reader

Great. Don't really have much to say here, because I think that Winslet should have won for Revolutionary Road instead.

Stay tuned for Academy Award coverage to come later!!


No comments: